To order manuals, or the audio cd or mp3 teaching of Unlocking Your Dreams, or to schedule a dream seminar in your area contact:
916 Idaho Ave SE Huron, SD 57350
Unlocking Your Dreams Course & Manual
Copyright 2010 by Autumn Mann. All rights reserved.
Copying for the purpose of resale is prohibited.
Copying of these materials for personal use is permitted.
Table of Contents
Developing a Healthy Respect for Dreams
God is a supernatural God who communicates with His people through supernatural means!
- Bible refers to angels over 300 times.
- Bible refers to “dreams” or “visions” or their variations over 200 times.
- Very little difference in the Hebrew language and culture between dreams and visions. Both dreams and visions were considered ways that God chose to speak to mankind.
Numbers 12:6 Hear now My words: “If there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak to him in a dream.”
Developing a Healthy Respect for Dreams
Spiritual dreams valued as a divine encounters with God. Jewish bedtime customs include inviting God to come and speak to them through dreams. Hebrew language makes little distinction between dreams and visions. Whether it was an angelic visitation, or a dream, vision, or prophecy it was all considered to be supernatural communication with God.
- Old Testament Dream Encounters
Joseph, Daniel, Jacob, Nebuchadnezzar, Solomon, Job
- New Testament Dream Encounters
Joseph (Earthly Father of Jesus – at least 4 directive dreams in Jesus’ first few year of life.), Wise Men, Pilot’s wife, Paul, Peter, John
- Clear Teaching of Scripture: Old and New Testament
Acts 2:17-18 In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
Numbers 12:6 (NIV) he said, Listen to my words: When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams.
Are Dreams for Everyone?
God is always speaking to humanity, testifying of His presence and love. Dreams are just one way that he chooses to show himself to a lost and dying world. Both Christians and Unbelievers received dreams in the Bible:
- King Abimelech - Gen 20 - (Sarah & Abraham),
- Midian Army - Judges 7:13-14 - (Gideon’s Victory)
- Pharaoh’s butler and baker – Gen.40:5
- Pharaoh – Gen 41:1,5
- Nebuchadnezzar – Dan.2:1, 4, 36
- Pilot’s Wife - Matthew 27:19
- Wise Men – Matthew 2:12
- Early Church Historians and Theologians
- Justin Martyr o Irenaeus, bishop of Lyons o Clement of Alexandria
- Tertullian o Augustine
- Thomas Aquinas
- The “modern church” (Reformation to the current day)
Discerning a God Given Dream
Three sources where dreams come from:
- Dreams from GOD
- Dreams from your NATURAL MAN
- Dreams from the DEMONIC REALM
1. Dreams from the demonic realm
- Dark Dreams
- Dark in mood & tone: somber, depressing, melancholy dreams; dreams where everything is a little out of kilter, where something indefinable seems wrong or slightly off center.
- Dark dreams typically are literally dark with subdued or muted colors. Black, gray, and sickly shades of green are in abundance in this type of dream.
- Dreams of Fear or Panic
- Most nightmares, especially childhood nightmares, fall into this category. Simply rebuke it and invite God presence in. If they persist, you may want to ask the Lord what the root of it is so repentance and healing can take place.
- Equip your children with tools for fighting the devil. Teach them to rebuke the Devil, fix their eyes on Jesus, speak His Word and even how to go back into a dream to defeat the enemy and bring about victory!
- Dreams of Deception
- These dreams create images, impressions & thoughts in our minds that assist us in turning away from God’s truth and light into darkness and error.
- Possible areas of attack can include: Doctrine (beliefs), finances, sexuality, relationships, career choices, character and identity areas.
- IMPORTANT: If you are partaking in sinful activities in a dream, it is especially important that you do NOT take that sin on as an identity of who you actually are.
- The enemy will use deceptive dreams to try to get you to agree with him about who you are.
- Satan is always seeking to convince you that you are full of darkness and sin and that no matter what you do you can’t change. That is a lie and never should be agreed with.
- Reject the dream through prayer and confess out loud that that is NOT who you are, rather you are a righteous son/daughter of God who is full of the light of God.
- The Voice of Satan
- Violates the Word (or twists it)
- Leads people away from the Savior
- Leads people away from righteousness
- Deceptive – appeals to the flesh
- Brings death & destruction
- Brings the fruit of fear
2. Dreams from our Natural Man
- Body Dreams: Body dreams generally arise from and reflect some aspect of a persons physical condition. Body dreams often reflect physical realities. A person who is sick may dream of being sick. A person who is experiencing depression or grief may have dreams that reflect their state of mind. A woman may dream that she is pregnant because she is.
- Chemical Dreams: Known as hormone dreams, often times they are a result of medications. They may also arise because of changing or abnormal hormone or chemical levels in the body. PMS, diabetes, hypoglycemia—these and similar conditions involving chemical imbalances can stimulate these type of natural dreams.
- Soulish Dreams: Soulish dreams are often simply our emotions expressing our needs or desires. They may speak to us about the need for sanctification in some area of our life. One significant value of soulish dreams is that they can show us things about ourselves that we may otherwise fail to see when awake.
As the believer becomes conformed to the likeness of Christ and gains the mind of Jesus Christ he/she will have less and less dreams that come from the soul.
- The Voice of the Flesh
- Promoting personal agenda
- Full of insecurity & fear
NOTE: Be careful to not discard a dream and lump it into the “soulish dream” category because you do not understand it or it seems strange and disjointed. Many times the Lord is speaking, but because of lack of discernment or understanding we discard the dream and do not give it the proper attention and prayer that it is worthy of. Take your dreams before the Lord with a listening ear and an open heart.
3. Dreams from God
- The Voice of God
- Unto Salvation
- Full of mercy
- Without condemnation
- Truth – agrees with scripture
Luke 12:32 (NKJV) Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Created to Hear God’s Voice
You were created to have fellowship with God. God longs for intimacy with you. His heart toward you is filled with love. You are His beloved and He is yours.
- God’s plan for mankind from the beginning was that we would walk in intimate relationship with Him.
- You were created to hear His voice and experience Him.
John 10:1-5 (NIV) "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."
John 10:14-15 (NIV) "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father.
- Jesus reveals himself as a Shepherd who knows His sheep.
- Characteristics of Shepherd/Sheep relationship:
- Sheep and Shepherds recognize each other voice and face because they spend so much time together
- Shepherds always have the best interest of the sheep in mind.
- Sheep are extremely helpless.
- Sheep need constant oversight.
- Shepherd would live out with the sheep night & day.
- Shepherd keep sheep safe from predators
- Shepherd lead them to water & green pastures
Biblical Types of Spiritual Dreams
- Simple Message Dream:
- There is no need for interpretation. These types of spiritual dreams are to the point, direct & self-interpreted. (Obvious).
- Matthew 1-2, Joseph understood the dreams concerning Mary & Herod. There was no need for interpretation.
- Simple Symbolic Dream:
- Dreams can be filled full of symbols: The Lord seems to delight in speaking through symbols, parables, metaphors & stories. God is a poet & a painter…and he uses imagery and metaphorical language to paint His beauty in our minds and hearts.
- Example: snake – Satan, bread – Jesus Presence, House – The church or your life, Sword – The Bible
- 20, Joseph’s Dream. Everybody understood it….his parents, brothers…to the point they wanted to kill him because of it. But the dream only had sun, moon & stars in it and the other one had sheaves of wheat. This type of dream maybe full of symbols, yet easy to understand.
- Complex Symbolic Dream:
- These dreams require Revelation knowledge. This dream may need to be interpreted by someone who has a gift in interpreting dreams of someone who knows how to seek God to find revelation.
- God is all about intimacy. He will use dreams to draw you close to Him and cause you to seek Him.
- But remember God desires for you to understand Him! The Lord is the giver and the interpreter of dreams.
- Daniel 2, Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream. This was a complex dream where every part of it was symbolic in nature. It required divine, supernatural revelation to interpret. Daniel 2:47 “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of Kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”
- A difficult dream is an invitation to an encounter with the God of all mysteries!!
- God’s mysteries are not hidden FROM you, but rather hidden FOR you!!
1 Corinthians 2:7-12 (NIV) No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-- but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
Categories of Spiritual Dreams:
God’s communication with man is creative beyond understanding and more far reaching in its scope than we can comprehend! He can reach every part of our life through the means of dreams if He so desires.
- Dreams of Destiny & Calling
- Edification & Exhortation
- Revelation of God & Scripture
- “Self Condition”: Revealing the heart and where we stand before God.
- Spiritual warfare
- Creativity: inventions/new ways of doing things.
- Courage & Strength
- Revelation: word of knowledge, prophetic understanding.
Steps to Dream Interpretation
REMEMBER: Interpretation belongs to the Lord. You have to have the Holy Spirits help. Dream interpretation is a working of the Spirit of God. It is supernatural, not natural.
Internal vs. External Dreams
Internal Dreams – an internal dream is primarily about the dreamer.
- Most your dreams will be about YOU!
- Internal dreams are dreams of self-disclosure.
- It is a common pitfall for a Dreamer to apply a message in their dream to others and miss the personal message God was sending to them.
- When interpreting your own dream it is wise to first ask the Lord how this dream applies to you before attempting to apply it to others.
External Dreams – an external dream is a dream about an outside event or person.
- This type of dream speaks about more than your own personal life. They may involve the dreamer, but will also have a wider scope.
- External dreams may relate to your sphere of influence. The larger the sphere authority the more you may have external dreams.
Step by Step
- Reduce the dream to its simplest form.
- In lengthy dreams, it is best to break them down scene by scene.
- Remember Context determines interpretation.
- Determine whether a serious of repetitious dreams are involved.
- Often consecutive dreams in the same night will be speaking of the same subject.
- Repetitious dreams are sometimes given to us to help us make us desperate for understanding from God. Desperation draws us into intimacy!
- Repetitious Dreams can be given by God to bring added clarity to a matter. Remember, the more clearly God speaks on a matter, the more accountable you are to obey what He has spoken.
- A repeated or recurring dream may mean the issue is established by God and He will bring it shortly to pass.
- Analyze your dream by asking a serious of basic questions.
- Where are you in the dream?
- Are you observing?
- Are you participating?
- Are you the focus?
- Who is this dream about?
- What are the object, thoughts, & emotions in the dream?
- What people are in your dream? What character trait or calling does the person represent to you? What does the person’s name mean? What is their relation to you?
- What are the colors in the dream?
- Do certain numbers appear?
- What is your initial thoughts about what the dream pertains too?
- Questions, Questions, Questions???
- Journal your dreams.
- When you journal your dreams you are putting forth your best effort to steward what God has given you. Stewarding revelation from God is the best way to bring increase into your life.
- Journaling shows God that you cherish what He gives you.
- Often times the simple discipline of writing down your dreams will bring understanding to you concerning them.
- Date your dream at the top of your page and note where you were at when you received it.
- Record your dream, including as much detail as you remember.
- Write out possible interpretations underneath that.
- Write out questions about the dream. “Why was the car green?” “Why was my mother in that dream?” etc.
- Title your dream LAST:
- Boil your dream down to its simplest form. Always let your title reflect the simplest meaning of the dream. Often times you will have the interpretation of your dream just by determining a fitting title.
Understanding the Many Faces of God
God’s character and personality is complex and multifaceted. It is important for us to understand that the Lord will appear to us in unique ways to reveal certain aspects of his being. If we do not understand this, we will often miss divine encounters with the Lord in our dreams. It is quite possible for the Lord to come to us in our dreams and we never realize who we were looking at.
Jesus Walks With His Followers on the Road to Emmaus
Luke 24:13-32 (NIV) Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; but they were kept from recognizing him. He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?" They stood still, their faces downcast. One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?" "What things?" he asked. "About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see." He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther. But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them. When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
- After Jesus’ death and resurrection, He encountered two of his followers on the road to Emmaus. They walked side by side for miles with him while Jesus taught them the scriptures, yet they did not recognize the Lord.
- We need the Holy Spirit to open our eyes so we can see God also!
Ways God Appears in Dreams
- Earthly father
- Protective figures: policeman, Army Sergeant,
- Rich man
- Spiritual father or leader
- Savior / rescuer: someone intervening to bring you to safety.
- Natural Ruler: Governor, King, Prime Minister ect
- Spiritual Leader
- Dog: loyal and always by your side.
- Lawyer: defending you or acting as an advocate on your behalf.
- Wind, Wine, Water, Fire
- Faceless man with a light countenance Counselor: someone giving you advice and counsel Guide: a person showing the right way to go.
- Comforter: someone bringing peace and comfort to you.
- Giver of Gifts
4 Steps of Handling a Prophetic Word
Dreams from the Lord are a type of prophetic message. It is important that we understand how to receive, understand and apply what the Lord is saying to us.
- This is when the message, dream, vision, picture or scripture is given to the recipient. At this point, revelation from God has been released, but it is not necessarily understood.
- WHAT DOES GOD ACTUALLY MEAN??
- This is where we need to ask the Holy Spirit for clarity and understanding into what is meant by the revelation that was given. This is the process where the Holy Spirit gives us insight into the meaning of symbols, pictures, metaphors and mysteries.
- WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS REVELATION?
- The application of the word God has given you is as important as the Revelation or the Interpretation.
- Pray and ask Holy Spirit to direct you. Does this revelation demand an action, a change, a special prayer focus? Are you to tell others about it?
- WHO DO YOU SPEAK THIS TO, IF ANYONE?
Stewardship: The Key to Increase in Dreams
- Stewardship is the key for growth in EVERY area of our life!
- Stewarding what you have is the way to receive more. Do you want more dreams? Then make sure to carefully steward the ones that He has already given you. Do you want more revelation and understanding of the Word? Then make sure you carefully steward the Word that He has released to you already.
Mark 4:21-25 (NIV) He said to them, "Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don't you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear. Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him."
- Occasionally ask the Lord if there are ANY areas of your life that He would like you to steward better.
- Sometimes the Lord will tell you to steward an area that has NOTHING to do with the area that you yearn to see growth in.
- Luke 19:12-27 is a perfect example of this. The servants stewarded some money well and were rewarded by being rulers over CITIES!
Luke 19:12-27 (NIV) He said: "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. 'Put this money to work,' he said, 'until I come back.' But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.' He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it. The first one came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned ten more.' 'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.' The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.' His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.' Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.' His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?' Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.' 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!' He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them-bring them here and kill them in front of me.'
Tips for Remembering Dreams
- Get rid of your LOUD Alarm clock. Ask the Holy Spirit to wake you up. Or wake up to soothing quiet music. Classical music actually helps create a soothing atmosphere conducive to dream retention….soft worship music is the same way.
- Try to establish the habit of getting up at a set time.
- Many dreams come between four & five o’clock in the morning. Whenever you awaken, learn to linger for a few minutes in a place of rest. Ask yourself, did I dream? What was it about? If you wait until after you brush your teeth to ask this question, you will have already forgotten many dreams.
- As you are lying in stillness in the morning, try to recall one or two of the details of your dream, and then your memory will kick in and rest of the dream will often come.
- Keep a journal or tablet & pen beside your bed for the purpose of writing down dreams. If you are awoken in the middle of the night, write it down immediately. A small tape recorder works in the same way.
- Develop the skill of “Lucid Dreaming”.
- Lucid Dreaming is where even though you are in a dream you have the ability to interact and think independent from your dream. In short, you are interacting with God while you are dreaming about your dream!
- A few examples are: asking questions, changing endings, asking for the interpretation as you are dreaming.
- When you are participating in your dreams in this way you tend to remember the details more and often times you wake up already interacting with God about your dream. Occasionally, the Lord will even give you the interpretation of a dream as you ask Him about the details of the dream while you are dreaming.
Tips for Receiving Dreams
- Ask the Lord to speak to you in the night.
- Develop an evening bedtime routine that focuses on the Lord. Relax reading your Bible or listening to teaching or worship music.
- TV is a dream snatcher. Avoid going to bed straight from the television.
- Wake up gently & slowly. Avoid loud, blaring alarm clocks. Waking up to classical or worship music actually is proven to help with dream retention.
- Take a few moments BEFORE you get out of bed to ask the Lord if you had any dreams that night. Then think on that dream for a few moments recalling it fully before you get out of bed. Right it down or record it as soon as you can.
Dream Sample Worksheets
I was riding in a red Cadillac convertible that my Father was driving. Everything was normal and then suddenly my father took off driving up this huge, steep mountain. It was so steep that I feared the car would tip over backwards. I knew that the view from this mountain was amazing and beautiful, but I was so afraid because of how treacherous the incline was. But then I thought how my father knew what He was doing and if I didn’t turn around now and look, I might never get to see this view again. Fighting through my fear that the car was going to flip over at any moment, I forced myself to turn around in the convertible and look behind. The view was breathtaking. It was truly amazing and I was so glad that I turned around to see it.
- Who is this dream about?
- What is happening in this dream?
- What does the red Cadillac convertible represent?
- What is the significance of the dreamer’s FATHER driving?
- What would the very steep mountain represent?
- What was the significance of the dreamer working through their fear?
- What would you title this dream?
- What is the interpretation of the dream in 3 sentences of less?
I was taking a leisurely walk in a beautiful English garden with my 4 year old son (who had recently been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes). My son was running and playing a little ways ahead of me when from behind a tall hedge a massive 6 foot tall black pit-bull dog came out charging him. I stood there and began to scream at the top of my lungs “NO!!!! NO!!!” over and over again. Then the pit-bull turned and saw me. He then began to charge straight towards me. I stood there with my army stretched out and finger pointing toward him screaming “NO!!” over and over again. He stopped at the end of my extended finger. He towered above me snarling and growling. I did not move, but continued to scream at him “NO!” He soon began to shrink before my very eyes. Smaller and smaller he became, until he was no bigger than a toy poodle.
- Who is this dream about?
- What are the significant events of this dream?
- What are the important details of the dream?
- What does the pit bull represents in this dream?
- What is the significance of the dreamer NOT moving, but standing in one spot throughout the pit bulls threats?
- What would you title this dream?
- What is the interpretation of the dream in 3 sentences of less?
I found myself in some ancient ruins. I was riding on the back of a very strong man who I was madly in love with. With me riding on his back, he effortlessly leaped & bounded through the ruins. He was very strong and I loved being with him. I then noticed that the ground where we were at was covered in poisonous snakes and I wondered if I should be concerned. He told me not to worry because the same thing that is in his blood that protects him covers me when I am with Him.
- Who is this dream about?
- What is happening in this dream?
- Who is the strong man?
- What do the poisonous snakes represent?
- What is the significance of the last sentence of this dream?
- What would you title this dream?
- What is the interpretation of the dream in 3 sentences or less?
Breaking the Communication Box
(How God communicates with man)
The Lord is so creative in his communication with us. Let’s get Him out of our little boxes.
- Word of God
- All revelation & prophetic words are measured against this.
- The Lord won’t violate His Word, but He will violate your interpretation of His Word
- Pictures in your mind, images, & flashes
- Open Visions
- Dreams when your asleep
- Day Dreams
- Through other’s experiences & revelations
- Audible Voice
- Inner Audible
- Inner Witness
- Body Impressions: physical sensation or impression that is prophetic in nature
- Example you may be praying for someone and feel pain in your right knee. The Lord could be telling you to pray for their knee.
- Emotional Impressions: feeling emotions that are given by God for another.
- Angelic Visitation
- Third Heaven Experiences
- John, Paul, Isaiah, Ezekiel
- Through a Donkey
- Numbers 22 – Balaam’s Donkey delivering him God’s message
- Through Nature
- Study parables and teachings of Jesus
20 Most Common Dreams
Partial excerpt from “Dream Language” by Jim & Michal Ann Goll
Various ministries and organizations have logged literally thousands of dreams and therefore have been able to decipher the most common dreams that people have. The following is not a comprehensive list and they are not listed in any particular order, but they are 20 of the most common dreams that people experience.
1. Dreams of Your House
This one would easily rank in the top five most common dreams. The house normally represents your life, and the circumstances taking place in the house reflect the specific activities in your life. These dreams may also reflect the church as well. Individual rooms of the house may represent specific things. For instance, if the bedroom appears, the dream may have something to do with issues of intimacy. The bathroom may represent a need for cleansing. The family room may be a clue that God wants to work on family relationships and so on that God wants to work on family relationships and so on.
2. Dreams of Going to School
These dreams often center on taking of tests. The tests may be for the purpose of promotion. Or you might find yourself searching for your next class-an indication that guidance is needed or a graduation has just occurred. You might be repeating a class you took before, possibly meaning that you have an opportunity to learn from past failures. High School dreams may be a sign that you are enrolled in the School of the Holy Spirit (H.S. = High School = Holy Spirit). There are limitless possibilities. These are just a few examples. Interesting enough, the Teacher is always silent when giving a test!
3. Dreams of Various Vehicles
These may indicate the calling you have on your life, the vehicle of purpose that will carry you from one point to another. Cars, planes, buses, etc., may be symbols of the type or even the size of the ministry you are or will be engaged in. That’s why there are different kinds of vehicles. Note the color of the vehicle. If it is a car, what is the make and model? Observe who is driving it. Are you driving or is someone else driving? If someone else is driving, who is it? Do you know the person? Is it a person from your past? If the driver is faceless, this may refer to a person who will appear sometime in your future or that the Holy Spirit Himself is your driving guide.
4. Dreams Concerning Storms
Storm dreams tend to be intercessory, spiritual warfare-type dreams. They are particularly common for people who have a calling or gift in the area of discerning of spirits. These dreams often hint of things that are on the horizon –both dark, negative storms of demonic attack for the purpose of prayer, intercession, and spiritual warfare, as well as showers of blessing that are imminent. What kind of storm is it? Are there tornadoes involved? What color are they. Tornadoes can indicate change that is coming good or bad. Also tornadoes can indicate great destruction.
5. Dreams of Flying or Soaring
Flying dreams deal with your spiritual capacity to rise above problems and difficulties and to soar into the heavenlies. These are some of the most inspirational and encouraging in tone of all dreams. When awakening from a dram where you fly or soar, you often wake up feeling exhilarated –even inebriated- in the Spirit. Ascending-type dreams are more unusual yet edifying. Remember, we are seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places far above all principalities and powers.
6. Dreams of Being Naked or Exposed
These dreams indicate that you will be or are becoming transparent and vulnerable. Depending on your particular situation, this may be exhilarating or fearful and could reveal feelings of shame. Note: these dreams are not meant to produce embarrassment but rather draw you into greater intimacy with the Lord and indicate places where greater transparency is required. These types of dreams often appear during times of transition where you are being dismantled in order to be re-mantled.
7. Dreams of Condition of Your Teeth
Often, these dreams reveal the need for wisdom. Are your teeth loose, rotten, falling out, or are they bright and shiny? Do you have a good bite? Are you able to chew your cud? Teeth represent wisdom, and often teeth appear to loose in a dream. What does that mean? It may mean that you need a wisdom application for something you are about to bit off. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
8. Dreams of Past Relationships
This kind of dream may indicate that you are being tempted to fall back into old patterns and ways of thinking. Depending upon who the person is in the dream, and what this person represents to you, these dreams might also be an indication of your need to renew your former desires and godly passions for good things in life.
Seeing a person from your past does not usually mean that you will literally renew your old relationship with that individual. Look more for what that person represents in your life – for good or bad. A person who was bad in your life may represent God’s warning to you not to relapse into old habits and mind-sets that were not profitable. On the other hand, a person who was good in your life may represent God’s desire or intention to restore good times that you thought were gone.
9. Dreams of Dying
These dreams are not normally about the person seen in the dream in a literal sense, but are symbolic about something that is passing away or departing from your life. The type of death may be important to note. Watch, though, to see if resurrection is on the other side.
10. Dreams of Birth
Normally these dreams are not about an actual childbirth but rather about new seasons of purpose and destiny coming forth into your life. If a name is given to the child, pay close attention because that usually indicates that a new season in the purposes of God is being birthed. There are, of course, exceptions to this where an actual pregnancy and birth is going to take place.
11. Dreams of Taking a Shower
These are cleansing-type dreams (toilets, showers, bathtubs, etc) revealing things that are in the process of being flushed out of your life, cleansed and flushed away. These are good dreams by the way. Enjoy the showers of God’s love and mercy and get cleansed from the dirt of the world and its ways. Apply the blood of Jesus and get ready for a new day!
12. Dreams of Falling
These dreams may reveal a fear you have of losing control of some area of your life or, on the positive side, that you are actually becoming free of directing your own life.
What a substance you fall into in the dream is a major key to proper understanding. The outstanding primary emotions in these dreams will indicate which way to interpret them. Falling can be fearful, but it can also represent falling into the ocean of God’s love.
13. Dreams of Chasing and Being Chased
Chasing dreams often reveal enemies that are at work, coming against your life and purpose. On the opposite side, they may indicate the passionate pursuit of God in your life, and you towards Him. Are you being chased? By whom? What emotions do you feel? Are you afraid of being caught? Or maybe you are the one doing the chasing. Who are you chasing? Why? Again, what emotions do you feel during the chase? The answers to these questions and, particularly, the dominant emotions in the dream, will often help determine the direction of its interpretation. Often the Lord appears in various forms, motioning to us, saying, “Catch Me if you can!”
14. Dreams of Relatives, Alive and Dead
Most likely, these dreams indicate generational issues at work in your life –both blessings and curses. You will need discernment as to whether to accept the blessing or cut off the darkness. This is particularly true if grandparents appear in your dreams, as they will typically indicate generational issues.
15. Dreams Called Nightmares
Nightmares tend to be more frequent with children and new believers in Christ, just as calling dreams do. They may reveal generational enemies at work that need to be cut off. Stand against the enemies of fear. Call forth the opposite presence of the amazing love of God, which casts out fear, the fear has torment!
16. Dreams of Snakes
The snake dream is probably one of the most common of all the categories of animal dreams. These dreams reveal the serpent – the devil with his demonic hosts- at work through accusation, lying, attacks, etc. Other common dreams of this nature include dreams of spiders, bears, and even alligators. Spiders and bears are two other major animals that appear in dreams that show fear. The spider in particular, releasing its deadly poison, is often a symbol of witchcraft and the occult.
17. Dreams of Dogs and Cats
After snakes, the most common animal to appear in dreams is the dog. A dog in your dream usually indicates friendship, loyalty, protection, and good feelings. On the other hand, dog dreams may also reveal the dark side, including growling, attacking, biting, ect. Sometimes these dreams reveal a friend who is about to betray you.
18. Dreams of Going Through Doors
These dreams generally reveal change that is coming. New ways, new opportunities, and new advancements are on the way. Similar to dreams of doors are dreams including elevators or escalators, which indicate that you are rising higher into your purpose and your calling.
19. Dreams of Clocks and Watches
Clocks or watches in a dream reveal what time it is in your life, or the need for a wake-up call in the Body of Christ or in a nation. It is time to be alert and watchful. These dreams may indicate a Scripture verse as well, giving a deeper message. Are you a watchman on the walls? If so, what watch are you on?
20. Dreams with Scripture Verses
Sometimes you may have a dream in which Bible passages appear, indicating a message from God. This phenomenon may occur in a number of ways: verbal quotes where you are actually hear a voice quoting a passage, digital clock-type readouts, and dramatizations of a scene from a Bible, just to name a few. Quite often these are watchmen-type dreams, dreams of instructions filled with ways of wisdom.
Scripture References on Dreams
- Genesis 20:1-18 Abimelech’s Dream
- Genesis 31:10-11 Jacobs Instructional Dream concerning the raising of goats
- Genesis 31:24 Laban’s Dream
- Genesis 37:5-8 Joseph’s Sheaf Dream
- Genesis 37: 9-11 Joseph’s Sun, Moon & Stars Dream
- Genesis 40:5 The Cupbearer’s Dream
- Genesis 40:16-23 The Baker’s Dream
- Genesis 41 Pharaoh’s two Dreams of Drought
- Numbers 12:6 Visions and Dreams
- Deut 13:1-5 Warning against false prophets to have false dreams
- Judges 7:13-15 Midianite Dream of the Barley Loaf
- 1 Samuel 28:6 & 15
- 1 Kings 3:5 -15 Solomon receives wisdom from God while in a dream.
- Job 7:14
- Job 20:8
- Job 33:15
- Psalm 73:20
- Psalm 126:1
- Isaiah 29:7
- Jeremiah 23:27-28, 32 Warning against false & deceiving dreams
- Jeremiah 29:8
- Daniel 1:17 Daniel’s gift of dream & vision interpretation
- Daniel 2 Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream of the Statue
- Daniel 4:4-30 Nebuchadnezzar’s Tree Dream
- Daniel 5:12 Daniel Interprets the Handwriting on the Wall
- Daniel 7 Daniel’s End Times Vision (4 Beasts)
- Joel 2:28 Prophecy of When the Spirit is Poured Out
- Zech 10:2 The Horrible Effects of False/Deceiving Dreams
- Matthew 1:20 Joseph’s Dream to Take Mary as His Wife
- Matthew 2:12-13 The Wise Men’s Dream of Warning
- Matthew 2:19 Joseph’s Dream to Return to Israel
- Matthew 2:22 Joseph’s Dream to move to Galilee
- Matthew 27:19 Pilate’s Wife Dream Concerning Jesus
- Acts 2:17 Dreams as evidence that the Spirit is poured out on the earth
Dream Symbols & Language
God is a poet! And He chooses to speak to people through parables, symbolism and dark sayings. He is always drawing us into interaction with Him…wanting us to have to draw near to Him for understanding and insight into His ways. In short, God chooses to be mysterious in His interactions with man.
To grow in understanding of the language of Heaven:
- Ask God for understanding!
- Study the parables of Jesus.
- Study the dreams and visions interpreted in Scripture.
- Gain understanding of your own personal dream language. God will speak to you using symbols and phrases that have unique meaning to your life.
Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
Puns and Wordplays
- The Lord uses puns, wordplays, or word definitions to speak in dreams.
- To apply puns and double-meaning words requires a very subtle use of language that depends on such factors as spelling, sound, and definition.
- The Lord used wordplays and puns to speak many times in the Bible. But the wordplay is lost in the translation process.
Amos 8:1-3 The prophet is shown a basket of “summer fruit” (qayis). The Lord said to me (Amos): "The end (qes) has come upon my people Israel…"
Matthew 3:9 Jesus says, "God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones." This is a word play on the Hebrew words for children, or sons (ben), and stone (eben).
Examples of Modern Wordplays:
- Purpose (goal or intent) vs. Porpoise (Ocean-dwelling mammal)
- Tail (the part of an animal) vs. Tale (a fabrication of falsehoods)
- Explosion (destruction) vs. Explosion (sudden growth)
- Mary (woman’s name) vs. Merry (joyful & happy)
Defining Names & Places
- The Lord sometimes chooses to speak through the meaning of people’s names in dreams.
- The Lord will sometimes speak through the name or meaning of a place or a city.
Dictionary of Symbols
The following dream symbols & their definitions are a compilation of my own experiences and thoughts as well as the works of the following men and women of God:
- “Dictionary of Dream Symbols” by Dr. Joe Ibojie
- “Understanding Dreams & Visions Course 201” by John Paul Jackson
- “Dream Language” by James W. & Michal Ann Goll
- “Seers Handbook” by Sharnael Wolverton
- Red – Wisdom, anointing, & power
- Blue – revelation, communion
- Negative – depression, sorrow, anxiety
- Green – growth, prosperity, conscious
- Negative – envy, jealousy, pride
- Brown – compassion, humility
- Negative – compromise, humanism
- Gold/amber – purity, glory, holiness
- Negative – idolatry, defilement, licentiousness
- Purple – authority, royalty
- Negative – false authority
- Orange – perseverance
- Silver – redemption, grace
- Yellow – hope, mind
- Negative – fear, cowards, intellectual pride
- Pink – childlike, love of God
- Gray – maturity, honor, wisdom
- White – righteousness, holiness
- Negative – religious spirit
- Black – death, mystery
- 1 – God, Beginning, Source Unity (Gen 1:1; Eph 4:4-6; Jn 10:30; Jn 17:21-22)
- 2 - Multiplication/division/ union/ confirmation/ testimony/ witness (Gen 2:23-24; Matt 18:16; 1Kings 3:24-25; Gen 1:7-8)
- 3 - Godhead (Triune God) / Divine Completeness/perfection/resurrection/restoration (Mt 12:40; Mt 28:19; Ezek. 14:14-18)
- 4 – God’s creative works/ rule or to reign (Gen 1:14-19)
- 5 - Grace/redemption/ fivefold ministry (Eph 4:11; Gen 1:20-23)
- 6 – Man, beast, Satan (Gen 1:26-27)
- 7 – Perfection/completion/Rest/Blessing (Gen 2:1-3; Rev 10:7; Rev 16:17; Dt 15:1-2)
- 8 – New Beginnings (Teacher) (Gen 17:12; Lk 2:21-23; 1Pet 3:20)
- 9 - Judgment (Evangelist)/ finality / fullness/Harvest (Gal 5:22-23; 1Cor.12:8-10; Mt 27:45)
- 10 – Journey/ Wilderness/ law/ government/ responsibility (Pastor) (Ex 34:28)
- 11 – Transition (Prophet) (Dan 7:24; Gen 32:22)
- 12 – Government/apostolic fullness (Apostle) (Lk 6:12-13; Mt 19:28)
- 13 – Rebellion/ backsliding/ apostasy (Gen14:4; 1 Kings 11:6)
- 14 – Double anointing (Mt 1:17)
- 15 – Reprieve/ mercy (Lev 23:34-35; Ester 9:20-22)
- 16 – Established beginnings/ love (1Cor 13:4-8)
- 17 – Election/Immaturity/ Transition/ Victory (Gen 47:28)
- 25 – Begin ministry training
- 30 – Begin ministry (Num 4:3-4; Gen 41:46; 2Sam 5:4)
- 111 – My Beloved Son
- 666 – Full lawlessness
- 888 – Resurrection
- 10,000 – Maturity
Buildings & Places
Note the size and purpose of the building.
- House – a ministry, a church, a personal life situation, your life or family
- Dream about a previous home – could be related to the color, place or memory
- Buying, or living in, the house of a known person in the ministry – God has a similar call on your life
- Two-story house – double anointing
- Castle – authority, fortress, royal residence
- Barn/warehouse – a place of provision & storage
- Mall – market place, provision for all needs in 1 place. Negative – self centeredness, materialism
- Stadium – place of tremendous impact
- School, Classroom – Training period, a place of teaching; a ministry with teaching anointing
- Elevator – rising or descending of anointing
- Staircase – up or down in the spirit (anointing); Can speak of portals
- Foundation – Important foundational issues
- Highrise buildings – high spiritual calling or high spiritual perspective
- Hotel – transition, temporary, place to relax or receive
- Country General Store – provision, basics, staples
- Mobile home – temporary place & condition, It is going to move or can move, Can represent poverty
- Tent – temporary place of rest. Meeting place with God
- Amphitheater – something is going to be magnified
- Theater – going to be shown something, or visibility is increasing
- Windows – vision, letting light in
- Atrium – light & growth from heaven
- Garden – love, intimacy, growth
- Front porch – vision or future
- Back porch – history or past
- Hallway – transition that is usually direct or without deviation
- Hospital – place of healing
- Garage – place to rest & refresh. Place of protection. A covering for ministries
- Auto repair shop – ministry restoration, renewal & repair
- Gas station – to receive power
- Office building – getting things accomplished. Depends on what’s in the building
- Roof – spiritual covering
- Shack – poverty
- Farm – place of provision
- Disney – Place of extravagance in God. Not in Reality. Disillusionment.
Rooms in a House
- Bathroom – place of cleansing, spiritual toxins removed
- Bathroom in full view – humbling season: others aware of cleansing
- Kitchen – preparing spiritual food
- Restaurant kitchen – greater influence or impact
- Dining Room/Eating – partaking of spiritual food, fellowship
- Attic – History, past issues, family history
- Basement – hidden issues, foundation, basics
- Bedroom – intimacy & rest
- Alligator – Ancient, evil out of the past, danger, destruction, evil spirit, or slander & gossip (big mouth), aggression
- Bat – Witchcraft, unstable, flighty, fear
- Bear – judgment; strength; an evil spirit that wants something you have
- Polar Bear – Religious Spirit
- Beaver – Industrious, busy, diligent, clever ingenious
- Bird – Symbol of spirits, good or evil
- Bull – Persecution, spiritual warfare, opposition, accusation, slander, threat, economic increase
- Cat – self-willed, untrainable, predator, unclean spirit, bewitching charm, stealthy, sneaky, deception, something precious in the context of a personal pet
- Black Cat – witchcraft
- Cheetah – swift, fast, predator, danger; Can be play on word for “Cheater”
- Chicken – Fear, cowardliness; hen can be protection, gossip, motherhood; rooster can be boasting, bragging, proud; chick can be defenseless, innocent
- Colt – represents bearing the burden of others or could be a portrayal of stubbornness
- Crab – not easy to approach
- Crow (raven) – confusion, outspoken, operating in envy or strife, hateful, unclean, God’s minister of justice or provision
- Cow – subsistence, prosperity
- Deer – Graceful, swift, sure-footed, agile, timid
- Dog – Unbelievers, religious hypocrites, loyalty, friendship, faithfulness
- Donkey – gentle strength, burden bearer, negative – stubborn
- Dove – Holy Spirit
- Dragon – Satan
- Dinosaur – old stronghold, demonic, danger from the past (generational stronghold)
- Eagle – prophetic, prophetic calling
- Elephant – Invincible or thick skinned, not easily offended, powerful, large, having great impact, storing memory, old memory, long pregnancy
- Fish – souls of men
- Fox – cunning, evil men, sly, sneaky, something that steals from you
- Frog – Spirit of Lust
- Goat – No discernment, positive: prosperity in some cultures
- Hare – fast, hasty, quick
- Hen – One who gathers, protects
- Horse – Power, strength, conquest
- Leopard – swiftness, sometimes associated with vengeance, predator, danger
- Lion – Jesus “Lion of the tribe of Judah”; Royalty & Kingship bravery, confidence, Satan seeking to destroy
- Lobster – not easy to approach
- Mice – Devourer, curse, plague, timid
- Mole – spiritual blindness, hidden
- Monkey – foolishness, clinging, mischief, dishonesty, addiction
- Mountain Lion – enemy, predator of your soul
- Octopus – Jezebel Spirit because of the tentacles
- Ox - slow change, subsistence
- Black Panther - high level witchcraft, demonic activity, works in darkness
- Pig – Ignorance, hypocrisy, religious unbelievers, unclean people, selfish, gluttonous, vicious, vengeful
- Raccoon – Mischief, night raider, rascal, thief, bandit, deceitful
- Ram – Sacrifice
- Rat – feeds on garbage or impurities, unclean spirit, invader
- Raven – Evil, Satan
- Serpent – Satan & evil spirits
- Sheep – The people of God, innocent, vulnerable; humility, submission, sacrifice
- Skunk – stench, smell, messy situation, unforgiveness, bitterness, bad attitude Sloth – Slow Moving, easy prey, vulnerable
- Snake – Deception, lies, Satan, unforgiveness, bitterness
- White Snake – Spirit of religion, occult
- Sparrow – Small value but precious
- Tiger – Danger, powerful minister (both good & evil), soul power
- Tortoise – Slow moving, slow change, steady, old way of doing something, wise
- Whale – Big impact in the things of the Spirit
- Wolf – Satan and evil, false ministries & false teachers
- Bee/hornet – painful, strong demonic attack
- Butterfly – Freedom, flighty, fragile temporary glory, transformation
- Flies – Evil spirits, filth of Satan’s kingdom. Beelzebub -“Lord of the flies.”, live on dead things, occultic
- Grasshopper – destruction
- Moth – symbol of destruction
- Roach – Infestation, unclean spirits, hidden sin
- Scorpion – Evil spirits, evil men, pinch of pain
- Spider – occultic attack, witchcraft
- Spider Web – place of demonic attack, ensnaring, a trap
- East – Beginning: Law (therefore blessed or cursed); birth; first. Gen11:2; Job 38:24
- North – Spiritual: Judgment; heaven; spiritual warfare (as in “taking your inheritance”). Prov 25:23; Jer. 1:13-14
- South – Natural: Sin; world; temptation; trial; flesh; corruption; deception. Josh. 10:40; Job 37:9
- West – End: Grace; death; last; conformed. Exod. 10:19; Luke 12:54
- Right – Natural; Authority; power; the strength of man (flesh) or the power of God revealed through man; accepted. (Right Turn = natural change). Matt 5:29a, 30a; 1Peter 3:22
- Left – Spiritual: Weakness (of man), and therefore God’s strength or ability; rejected. (Left Turn = spiritual change). Judg 3:20-21; 2 Cor. 12:9,10
- Back – Past: As in BACKYARD or BACKDOOR. Previous event or experience (good or evil); that which is behind (in time – for example, past sins or the sins of forefathers); unaware; unsuspecting; hidden; memory. Gen. 22:13; Josh. 8:4
- Front – Future or Now: (as in FRONT YARD) in the presence of; prophecy; immediate; current. Gen.6:11; Rev.1:19
- Storms – look at the color. Light in color can be from God. Dark can be trouble from the enemy. Turbulent times, judgment
- Tornadoes – winds of change (negative or positive depending on the color of the tornadoes). Destructive times coming, judgment, drastic change, danger
- Wind – Positive: Holy Spirit; Negative: adversity
- Rain – Blessing, cleansing (clear rain), from enemy (dirty rain)
- Earthquake – judgment or shaking
- Snow – Blessing, refreshing, righteousness, purity
- Blizzard – inability to see, storm with the purpose of blinding you
- Thigh – faith
- Nose – discernment
- Hand – relationship, healing
- Arm – strength, faith
- Teeth – wisdom, comprehension, understanding
- Eye Teeth – revelatory understanding
- Wisdom teeth – ability to act in wisdom
- Immobilized Body Parts – some sort of spiritual hindrance probably under demonic attack
- Beard – Maturity
- Hair – wisdom & anointing
- Bald Head – lacking wisdom
- Nakedness – transparency, humility, humbling season
- Neck – Negative: stiff necked or stubborn. Positive: support or strength
- Side – relationship, friendship
- Thumb – apostolic
- Pointer Finger – prophetic
- Middle Finger – evangelistic
- Ring Finger – pastor
- Pinky Finger – teaching
- Pregnancy – in process of reproducing, preparatory stage, the promise of God, the Word of God as seed, prophetic word, desire, anticipation, expectancy, filled with the purposes of God that are preparing to come forth
- Miscarriage – to lose something at the preparatory stage, whether good or bad, plans aborted
- Television – spiritual sight & understanding, entertainment, fleshly cravings & desires, dull spirit
- Money – gain or loss of favor; negative – greed
- Check – favor
- Credit Card – attempting to walk in something that you don’t have yet; debt; lack of trust
- Repeating activities – God establishing a matter or issue; repeating because you are not listening
- Trees – leaders, mature believers, steady
- Flying – call or ability of move in the higher things of God, understanding into the spirit realm of God
- Life seasons - may include former places you have been/lived, and/or former schools, tests, jobs, something significant about that season
- Kiss – Coming into agreement, covenant, seductive process, enticement, deception or betrayal, betrayal from a trusted friend
- Gate – spiritual authority, entrance point for good or evil
- Key – spiritual authority
Weapons & Objects
- Knife – Brutal attack or gossip; if you are holding it, than form of protection
- Sword – Word of God, further reaching, authority
- Gun – Spiritual authority good or bad, spiritual attack
- Dart – Curses, demonic attack, Positive – accuracy
- Arrow – negative: accusation from the enemy, Positive: Blessing of children, Focused message, “shooting an arrow” with your life
- Shield – Faith, protection, God’s truth, faith in God
- Crown – symbol of authority, Seal of Power, Jesus Christ, to reign, to be honored
- Coat – Mantle/anointing
- Swimwear – Ability to move in the Spirit
- Speedo – to move fast in the spirit
- Shorts – a walk or calling that is partially fulfilled
- Bathrobe – Coming out of a place of cleansing
- Pajamas – spiritual slumber
- Cultural clothing – calling to another country or intercession for a particular country or ethnic group
- Wedding Dress – Covenant or deep relationship
- Shoes – Gospel of peace
- Clothing that doesn’t fit – Walking in something you’re not called to
- Tattered Clothing – Mantle/anointing not being taken care of
- Airplane – able to go to heights in the Spirit (prophetic); Can relate to the church, ministry or corporation; Size & type of plane correlates to interpretation
- Automobile – personal ministry, your destiny or life
- Convertible – open heaven in your personal ministry or job
- Bus – church or ministry
- Truck – ability to transport or deliver
- Semi-truck – transporting amounts
- Tow Truck – ministry of helps or gathering the wounded
- Fire Truck – rescue, putting out fires of destruction
- Moving Van – transition, change
- Tractor – slow power, may speak about need to plow
- Bicycle – Individual ministry or calling requiring perseverance
- Motorcycle – fast, powerful, maneuverable
- Fred Flintstone Car – human effort
- Mickey Mouse Car – purpose is colorful & entertaining
- Armored Car – protection of God
- Taxi Cab – a shepherd or hireling for someone (driving). Paying the price to get where you are going (passenger)
- Stagecoach – rough, difficult ride
- Rollercoaster – Positive – a wild ride that God is directing, exciting, but temporary
- Negative - A path of destruction that has the appearance of exciting at first
- Limousine – being taken to your destiny in style. Negative – materialism
- Train – a movement of God
- Coal car – on track, being directed by the Lord
- Hang glider – going somewhere in the Spirit; Being driven by the wind of the spirit
- Mini Van – family
- Ocean liner – impacting large numbers of people
- Tugboat – providing assistance, ministry of helps
- Sailboats – powered by wind of the Spirit
- Riverboat – Slow, but impacting many people
- Speedboat – fast, exciting, power in the Spirit
- Submarine – undercover & active, not seen by many
- Subway – undercover & active, but not seen by many
- Helicopter – mobile, flexible, able to get in Spirit quickly
- Chariot – major spiritual encounter
- Spaceship – to the outer limits spiritually speaking
- Baby – New ministry or responsibility that has recently been birthed. New beginning, new idea, dependent, helpless, innocent, sin
- Twins – double blessing/anointing. Negative – double trouble
- Mob – false accusation
- Harlot / Prostitute – a tempting situation; something that appeals to your flesh; worldly desire; a demon
- Hijacker – enemy wanting to take control of you or a situation; positive – God taking control
- Husband – Jesus Christ, actual person
- Lawyer – Jesus Christ (our advocate); the accuser of the brethren (Satan); pertaining to legalism; mediator
- Prisoner – a lost soul
- Shepherd – Jesus Christ, God; leader, good or bad; selfless person, protector
- Carpenter – Jesus, someone who makes or mends things, a preacher
- Bride – Christ’s church, Covenant or relationship
- Giant – Godly men, strong, conquer; Demons, defilement
- Policemen – Authority for good or evil; protector; spiritual authority
- Apples – spiritual fruit, temptation, something precious like the apple of God’s eyes
- Tomato – Kindness, the heart of God, big hearted, very generous
- Strawberries – goodness, excellence in nature & virtue, healing, sweet & very humble
- Lemons – sour, a poor sport
- Pears – long life, enduring much without complaining
- Manna – God’s miraculous provision, coming directly from God, glory of God, bread of life
- Bread – Jesus Christ, bread of life, Word of God, source of nourishment, God’s provision
- Wine – working of the Spirit of God, Move of God, Negative – drunkenness, love of the world
- Meat – something meant for the spiritually mature, depth in God’s word
- Milk – Good nourishment, elementary teaching
- Water – Holy Spirit, refreshing, Word of God
- Eggs – promise of God. Prayers yet to be fulfilled. Something that has not yet “hatched” or come into being
- Grapes – Fruitfulness, success in life, fruit of the vine, evidence of being connected to Christ
- Honey – Sweet, strength, wisdom, Spirit of God, abiding anointing, sweet Word of our Lord, the best of the land, abundance
Suggested Dream Resources
Dream Language by Jim & Michal Ann Goll Dictionary of Biblical Imagery
The Seer by Jim Goll
Invitation to Encounter by Julie Miller
The Name Book by Dorothy Astoria
By Leland Ryken
You May All Prophecy
By Steve Thompson
Understanding the Dreams that you Dream
By Ira Milligan
The Prophet’s Dictionary
By Paula A. Price
~~~ The End ~~~